Software Engineer J.B.Hunt, Lowell, AR
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position applies some advanced programming techniques and concepts during the solution design and development.
- Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experienc
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainabilit
- Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainabilit
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team member
- Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated READM
- Helps lead team members in execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes
- Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concept
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or suitable combination of education, experience, and training; plus 4 years of experience in software development, engineering, or related field
- Preferred experience with the latest version of Java (J2EE).
- Preferred experience with the latest version of Angular
- Experience with object-oriented languages (such as Java, C#, or Python)
- Experience with modern front-end web frameworks (such as HTML and Java Script)
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience with designing mobile applications
- Please click contact page, if you are interested.