Senior Software Engineer, Philadelphia PA
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in software development
- Web Services development such as RESTful
- OO Design and development, with Java * strongly preferred
- Demonstrated industry experience working in a team
- AWS experience
We are looking for an eager software engineer, hungry of learning and playing with new technologies/languages and anxious about providing the best design and technical solution for each requirement.
The individual selected for this position will have an active role in the development or migration of large-scale, enterprise-wide initiatives to build a platform or custom applications that will be used for the acquisition, transformation, entity extraction, mining of content on behalf of business units across Clarivate Analytics. This individual will contribute to solutions across the entire architecture stack in building cloud native applications using the current technologies including Java 8, Spring, AWS, Angular JS, Micro Services, Oracle, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases. Key technical challenges that this role will be involved with include high volume XML publishing, automating problems around text structuring and working across a global footprint with different business units.
- This individual will work closely with users, technical leads, project managers, and other cross-functional development teams to design and deliver software solutions. This includes writing software, making modifications to existing software and integrating applications within the core pathway.
- Familiar with Software Engineering principles and best practices (i.e. SOLID).Active coding in key technologies is required for this development position and includes Java, Spring, AngularJS , NodeJS, RESTful Web Services, Git, Linux, AWS.
- Develops cloud-native applications.
- This individual must develop software using disciplined software development and testing processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Delivering quality of the software to our QA team is an important function of this position and this individual will be responsible for creating and executing unit tests on the code that they write for their applications.
- This team works in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Demonstrable experience in OO design and development role on a medium to large, enterprise-scale software program.
- Demonstrable experience in Enterprise Applications Integration
- The engineer must be familiar or have experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns, EAI, SOA, EDA architectures and their main principles
- Skilled in Web Services development such as RESTful web services.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Services design and development (Monitoring, governance, versioning, etc.)
- Development languages and frameworks (Java8, Spring, NodeJS)
- Unitary and integration testing (JUnit, Mockito, etc.) and code quality (SonarQube, Veracode, etc.)
- Practiced with Git and Continuous Integration infrastructure
- AWS (EC2, Lambdas, DynamoDB, IAM, S3)
- Oracle / PostgreSQL / MySQL
- XML parsing and related XML processing libraries and tools
- Working with RDMS and NoSQL databases.