LINUX Systems Administrator Hill Air Force Base UT
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Bachelor's degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
The successful LINUX Systems Administrator must have:
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and Windows Server systems
- Understanding of security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Customer service experience
- Responsive Help Desk experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Data Center experience
- Computer security background (Government requirement) is desirable
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Expert knowledge of implementing patch management for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and MS Windows based systems from a centralized management solution
- Solid scripting skills; developing, maintaining custom shell scripts, able to troubleshoot scripts related to PowerShell, Bourne, C shell, Korn or Perl
Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
This position requires a minimum of an active TS/SCI clearance. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within a reasonable amount of time after hire, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LINUX Systems Administrator at Hill AFB, UT. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Red Hat LINUX command line administration
- Command level troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software
- Re-imaging workstations, servers and databases (both physical and virtual)
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and mitigation of vulnerabilities as directed by IA based on scan findings and applicable DoD direction
- Systems engineering and development of network/environment diagrams
- Planning for future growth and maintenance of applicable licensing
- Provide detailed technical solutions
- Create, modify, and remove user accounts
- Perform Linux audit and reporting tasks
- Command level Database troubleshooting, including SQL, skills highly desirable
- Create and resolve helpdesk action items
- Manage cross domain enterprise level solutions
- Install, move and or break-down systems
- Document configuration and installation procedures
- Be responsible for the availability, security, access, backup, and performance of the cloud
- Create tools for reporting system usage
- Perform system monitoring and diagnose and correct system problems
- Provide assistance to end users. Please contact page if you are interested about this exclusive opportunity.