IT Auditor Hoboken, NJ
The IT Auditor will plan and participate in information technology audits. The nature of the business audited varies from employee benefits consulting services to complex insurance and reinsurance brokerage.
- Assess the risks associated with various business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks
- Communicate audit findings to local management as is appropriate.
- Assist in planning engagements based on IT risks
- Prepare work papers and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity's control environment
- Conduct interviews, walkthroughs, and document results
- Examine documentation and evaluate procedures in the control environment
- Document conclusions; organize and reference work papers for supervisory review
- Identify control weaknesses, help assess their impact, and discuss practical solutions with management
- Draft audit report findings and process improvements for review at the closing meetings
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork, noting comments and providing clear explanations for our findings and ratings, as required
- Actively pursue certifications and continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or a related business or finance degree
- Professional designations - CIA, CISA , PMP or CISSP
- 2-5 years of information technology audit experience is required.
- Big 4 industry experience preferred
- Experience in insurance, broking, or other financial services, a plus.
- Solid understanding of operating systems, applications and databases, such as UNIX/LINUX, Windows Server, Oracle and SQL database management systems, and Oracle Financials ERP systems
- Solid understanding of IT Infrastructure controls such as physical security and network security
- Understanding of Cyber Security controls and frameworks, a plus
- Solid analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Ability to understand the relationship between complex information technology and business issues
- Clear articulation and solid communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Travel of 30 - 40% distributed over year - Some international travel
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. Please select Contact page if you are interested about this exclusive opportunity.