Data Engineer, Chantilly VA
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or Master's degree in a related technical discipline
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Data Engineer, you'll lead model and simulation activities as you participate in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification). It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
We are seeking a Data Engineer to support the Insider Threat mission. Data Engineers work with various security system data owners to automate data integration and collection strategies. Work closely with the data science team to ensure data cleanliness and accuracy.
- Support data science team by designing, developing and implementing scalable ETL process for disparate datasets into a Hadoop infrastructure
- Design, develop, implement and maintain data ingestion process from various disparate datasets using StreamSets (experience with StreamSets not mandatory)
- Develop processes to identify data drift and malformed records
- Develop technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- Leads technical tasks for small teams or projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of entity resolution systems
- Experience with messages systems like Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB
- Any of the following databases: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
- Working experience with ETL processing
- Working experience with data workflow products like StreamSets or NiFi
- Working experience with Python RESTful API services, JDBC
- Experience with Hadoop and Hive/Impala
- Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench is a plus
- Understanding of pySpark Leadership experience
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent use and understanding of data engineering concepts, principles, and theories. Please click on Contact if you are interested to apply.