Construction Estimator, Chicago IL
Estimators prepare accurate and well-crafted bids/proposals that result in awarded contracts that are profitable and maintain the level of quality expected.
Estimators work under very tight time frames and are responsible for handling multiple bids/proposals and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals and other documents.
- Prioritize and organize deadlines for bids, determine and develop project general conditions.
- Determine the appropriate bid divisions. Provide all other standard bid book tabs according to the Estimating Department Procedural Manual.
- Project Bidding: Review plans and request any additional information from the architect. Follow up with subcontract and material bidders to ensure bid coverage. Review and qualify returned bids.
- prepare detailed summary of work per divisions.
- Review complete bid breakdown and proposal with the Project Manager.
- Update and finalize bid book. Assist in project buy-out and start-up. Communicate as necessary with project team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to satisfactorily identify conflicts and address project and performance concerns.
- Duties require good judgment, initiative and ability to deal with last-minute changes or critical issues.
- Strong focus on client service.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strong knowledge of project management and accounting principles relating to construction industry.
- Familiar with conceptual estimating, writing detailed scopes of work, reading blue prints, performing detailed quantity take off's.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products; knowledge of project management software (Prolog, Procore, etc.), project scheduling software (Suretrack, Fastrack, Project, etc.) and take-off software (OnScreen).
- Experience with projects $50,000 to $10 million.