Business Intelligence Developer, Phoenix AZ
In this role, you will be a member of the Data Science team with a focus on Business Intelligence and Analytics.
This position will focus on growing Torrent's data warehouse and analytics environments.
Responsibilities will include report development, adhoc reporting, ETL solution development, and Analytics Program support.
Specific duties will require the applicant to have a background using the Microsoft Business Intelligence suite and Tableau (or similar platforms).
• Develop Reports (SSRS)
• Expand, support, maintain, and enhance ETL solutions (SSIS)
• Respond to customer support queries, such as data integrity and validation questions (T-SQL queries/Excel pivot tables)
• Adhoc analysis of flood insurance related data for internal review & external clients
• Support internal and public facing SSRS and Tableau reports and dashboards
• Documenting processes and procedures
• Analyze data and trends, and suggest performance improvement measures
Experience with the following highly desired:
• Tableau (Desktop and Server)
• Microsoft SSAS and/or MDX
• Kimball method Data warehouse/Dimensional modeling
• Excel Pivot tables
• Scrum software development methodology
• Pertinent Insurance Industry experience
In addition to the above:
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Manage ongoing relationships with internal and external clients.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong customer focus skills
• Keenly interested in making a difference
• Focused on achieving key objectives and goals relevant to success of the role.
• Completes tasks in an organized and methodical manner to meet agreed objectives.
• Able to multi-task and manage own time.
• Persistence to get results.
• Self-motivated and directed to achieve results.
Problem solving and analytical skills:
• Proactively identifies problems and escalate without prompting.
• Ability to analyze large volumes of information and break down into manageable portions in a logical manner.
Attention to Detail:
• Able to focus on large volumes of data and identify errors or discrepancies.
• Ability to relate with people and develop ongoing relationships that are mutually beneficial.
• Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives.
• Ability to communicate and articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical people.
• Can create documentation of systems and processes that are logical and easy to follow.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 4 years of relevant experience.
Education in a related field will be considered in lieu of experience.
About Torrent Technologies:
Torrent Technologies was founded in 2005 with the mission of providing top tier services to the flood insurance industry. Torrent is a company of Marsh Inc. and is widely recognized as having the most advanced and unique suite of cloud-based technology solutions including real-time, paperless claims handling and web-based pricing tools. Torrent's continued growth and success is attributed to its innovative use of technology and industry expertise to provide clients with efficient SaaS systems and exceptional customer service.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Please select a contact page if you are interested to apply.
Business Intelligence Developer