Business Development Associate Martinsville, NJ
Harding Loevner is seeking a Business Development Associate to join our Wealth Management and Regional Consultant team. The Associate will support the firm's distribution efforts within the Wealth Management and Regional Consultant channel, which includes deepening of existing relationships and development of business opportunities. The Associate will be involved in all aspects of business development: prospecting, client onboarding and client retention. The position is based in Bridgewater, NJ.
The Business Development Associate will:
• Understand the marketplace as it relates to private banks, broker-dealers, RIAs, and consultants.
• Oversee relationships with intermediaries such as custodians, transfer agencies, and wealth management platforms.
• Develop a strong appreciation for the ways in which clients access Harding Loevner's strategies including various pooled vehicles, SMA, UMA, and separate accounts.
• Become proficient with initiatives directed at maintaining and growing the channel and remain cognizant of industry trends.
• Develop fundamental knowledge of Harding Loevner's investment philosophy and process and be able to properly describe it to appropriate parties within the channel.
• Take the lead on contract-related items specific to the mutual fund complex.
• Achieve proficiency in sales reporting.
• Engage, coordinate, and streamline the quarterly process with key partners' research teams including standard deliverables and new material creation.
• Help coordinate and host client meetings, visits, and conference calls.
• Travel as required to support firm and team initiatives.
• Up to five years of experience in the asset management industry
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or Marketing
• Series 7 and 63; Preference for candidates who possess or are pursuing the CFA designation
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to communicate and present effectively
• Familiarity with Salesforce is preferred