Application Programmer, Greenwich CT
IBG LLC software development group is responsible for automating all aspects of securities lending and borrowing. We seek an individual who wants to be part of an excellent opportunity to work on applications which add directly to the company's bottom line and learn about the underlying business. The ideal candidate wants to be part of an innovative team that thrives in a challenging and equally rewarding environment.
The successful candidate must take ownership of assigned projects and all phases of the software life-cycle, while working in a fast paced agile environment. Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Develop back-end services and algorithms for new features.
- Optimize, improve, and support existing algorithms and code base.
- Develop multi-tier JEE and batch applications.
- Write well designed, tested and clean code.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
• 0-3 years of Java experience
• Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts & multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of DBMS concepts (Oracle platform is a plus)
• Hands on expertise in server side programming in Java/C++ J2EE experience
• Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia. Please select contact page if you are interested to apply.